Please try to contain your excitement, we know you want to see them all in person, but we’d like to give a shoutout to a handful of this upcoming week’s crew of magnificent comedians. Here’s a rundown of the amazing humans gracing our stage that do so much more to contribute to life on a regular basis. A comedian is never just a comedian. We are honored to have so many authors, actors, artists, podcasters, parents, gurus, and much more honor our stage daily. Here are just a few highlights regarding this coming weeks comedians who contribute to our lives in more ways than one, and still have time to dignify our stage on a regular basis:
- Aaron Berg isn’t just a comedian, he’s also a husband and father, and now he’s sharing his story about being a dad in comedy. Check out the full Interrobang article here.
- Anthony DeVito is hilarious, that’s why Comedy Central recently released his Stand-Up Presents special, in which he discusses his time performing on a cruise ship with Shaggy.
- Gary Vider isn’t just a comedian here in New York City, he’s one of America’s best! He is an America’s Got Talent Finalist, and he made his late night debut with Stephen Colbert recently. Take a look here.
- Jared Freid’s a great guy, but he’s also podcaster, writer, and life advice giver… yeah, that’s right, he’s known for giving great advice in a multitude of fields. So catch his podcast “The JTrain” here, and support him on his Patreon account here.
- Joe List is another phenomenal podcaster hosting “Tuesdays with Stories” weekly. If you haven’t heard of it, you really should have; and if you haven’t listened to it, you need to right now… here.
- Kerry Coddett, you can’t get enough of her! She’s an outstanding comedy writer,, youtuber, and a member of HBO’s Crashing. Oh, she is also the founder of Operation Mobilize which is just… wow! Be sure to check out this recent viral video she created here.
- Laurie Kilmartin is another amazing woman. She has just finished publishing a book called Dead People Suck this week! She was also recently interviewed by Pat Morrison for the LA Times, here’s the audio and text.
- Marina Franklin a comic to know and a host you need to listen to. She is great on her podcast FriendsLikeUs, give it a listen here and be amazed.
- Matthew Broussard is a comedian with things to say. That is why he’s been featured in a Comedy Central Half Hour, and was recently interviewed and written up by Dan Bolles regarding Valentines Day and the mathematics of jokes. Now is the time to check it out here.
- Mike Yard, he’s a great comedian and an amazing host with his own podcast Yard Talk with Mike Yard. Listen now to know.
Ok, so we can’t spoil all the surprises. We know every comedian contributes more than we can cover here so know this, any night you come to Stand Up NY you are going to come face to face with some of the greatest humans in comedy. You have a chance to see them perform live and maybe even hang out with them at the bar before or after the show! Bring friends or family and get ready to laugh with these outstanding comedians.
Purchase tickets here or make a reservation today. If you want your own opportunity to make your way into the stand up comedy world join us for our Open Mics every weekday, Monday – Friday at 5PM. Think you’ve already got a great set going? Then check out our Bring It show every Saturday at 5PM with more info on how to sign up here.